Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Blog Series Coming

In preparation for a paper that I have to present at a conference later this year, I'm going to start a new series of posts fleshing out some of my thoughts and research for that paper.

This means a blog series. I'm tentatively calling it "Oliver O'Donovan For Mere Mortals," of which I am most certainly one. I don't have any special claim to O'Donovan, nor am I especially bright. I am, however, currently on my third time in Resurrection and Moral Order, and am finally starting to get some of it. If I can explain the book, then it's a good bet that I am finally grasping its concepts. That's the thought, anyway.

The book has been and is being increasingly (especially now that I'm starting to grasp it) foundational to my thoughts about Christian ethics and involvement in the public square. There are two "sequels," if you will to Resurrection: The Desire of the Nations and The Ways of Judgment, which I reviewed for Faith & Mission. Hopefully, I can make it through all three books. I'm excited and scared at the same time.

There will almost certainly be posts on other topics as well, so count on a few interruptions here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment